TRAVELBOOK SALE

Friday, March 21, 2014

Trekking in Taal

''The world’s largest island within a lake on an island within a lake on an island.''

So confusing right? But i got chance to visit and joined Bridgetone's Mountaineering Society climb to Taal. It so happened that one of my office mate was part of that Org and so fortunate that we participated and experienced the beauty of this tiny Island within a Lake . : )

I am fascinated on mountain climbing but i didn't have means of enjoying this hobby. Haha! This was my second climb. First was in Mt. Talamitanm in Batangas that i surmise won't fit for a beginner like me ( Or maybe the trail that we took was difficult than the other trail )

After riding a boat from town of Talisay ,It took us 4 hours and 30 minutes to finish the climb. Some tourist rode a horse but i guess, it's much better to trek to maximize the thrill of going up. My few steps was difficult, I experienced shortness-of-breathing, maybe its because i am not used to on this activity ,but continuing and motivating myself to go on walking was really worth-it! Haha

I love this view while walking! I've felt so motivated. Haha!
Ok fine! That's me selling M&Ms while trekking. ( I don't have a backpack that time so i was in-the-mood on using that M&M's bodybag . Of course, teasers and mockers are everywhere, haha! )

STOP OVER

This man loves to carry stuffs when we resumed, since he knew that we're beginners, he willfully asked for our things and seems enjoyed on carrying those. Unfortunately, this admirable man.. yes.. his name is Glenn, died on a certain sickness 2 years ago. I only met him once but i've got a hunch on what kind of person he was. You could see the positive personality on him within the time that you 're with him. I noticed that he's fond of Old songs too. Too bad that we haven't got a chance to have few chats together. I know it's too late to say ''THANK YOU GLENN'' for carrying my stuffs. I indeed,appreciated your effort!'' (sigh! )
Volcanic Smoke that contains Sulfur coming out from the soil
..and we're almost there!
We're here. Time to cook our food!
BRIDGESTONE MOUNTAINEERING ORG
I super like the soil's color
Since I cannot look directly down to the crater, so my feet did and became a hashtag-selfeet (#Selfeet)
We're not allowed to climb down near the lake itself . The caretaker told us that over those sulfuric smoke coming out near the lake, you may be able to cook an egg. So we just enjoyed the view.
I still managed to take a pose near the crater, wrong move for me then i'l be drop dead! Haha!
The thrill has not ended , it 's been an adventurous bumpy ride going back to Talisay . THe lake wasn't calm and we're wet all over. We also stranded for a few minutes and needed to transfer to another boat. :)

No comments: