TRAVELBOOK SALE

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Where the Geeks are!!!

I have initially thought, that it was a store that sells buko juice. Obviously from it’s name , I associated it to the fruit itself and surmising that the owner substitute “O” to “U”, so it would appear humorous and appealing. Then, just by adding books, voracious readers will get attracted while drinking buko juice!

Humor fails! Oh well.. you got it right? I really don’t know how that idea came up! Toinks!

So I googled its etymology and it showed that BUKU means "A lot of" or "many" in Vietnam, and "book" in Malay. Later I know that it’s also a coffee shop. I’ve always been here in District mall because my partner is working in Sweet Solutions Cafe , a coffee shop/bakeshop along side Buku Buku. So every weekend , I’m always with my son and we always hang out on this place. This mall became his playground and this became my "tambayan", as well.

I like the ambience in District Mall because it's not crowded unlike other malls in town. Restrooms are also clean . hehehe, which is very important.

Buku Buku cafe captured my eyes because of its interior. Its very appealing for bookworms and artsy individuals. It manifests really who their target customers are.

Not only that. They supports local indie band and acts. Open mic sessions held monthly and I've attended some of these.

OH FLAMINGO!

So if you are a poetry incline individual then, you are very much welcome to perform or just be an audience and listen. No need to go outside Cavite just to witness indie bands, poetry reading and open mic sessions.

Buku Buku is also a perfect place to hang out with friends. Aside from coffee and dining area inside, they have another place for booze-ing and you may also indulge on cocktail drinks.

You should give it a try! Gora na !

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog. Thanks for sharing informative post with us.
Baguio transient house